Here’s a 5 Simple Tip on How to save on Gas:
1. A new air filter can improve gas mileage by as much as 10 percent. Your air filter should be changed at least once a year to ensure you’re getting the best gas mileage possible.
2. Some people feel more comfortable resting their foot on the brake pedal at all times, but if this is a habit of yours, it’s time to break it. Not only does riding with your foot on the brake pedal wear out your brake pads (which can be costly at the repair shop), but it can also increase your gas consumption by as much as 35 percent.
3. When your tires are out of alignment, not only do your tires wear out more quickly, it also forces your engine to work harder. Having your tires aligned every six months is recommended, and can save you up to 10 percent at the pump.
4. I know you’re in a hurry to get to wherever it is you’re going, but driving at top speeds can really put a damper on your fuel efficiency. In fact, for every 5 mph you reduce your highway speed, you can reduce fuel consumption by 7 percent.
5. People tend to follow the motto, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” If you’re one of those people who avoid the mechanic until your car is spewing out steam on the side of the road, you could be costing yourself more money in gas. Getting a regular tune up prevents more expensive repairs later down the road while also improving your gas mileage by as much as 4 percent.